Exercise isn’t always about pushing and dragging muscles; often a smooth and slow motion works just as well as intense training. Yes, we are discussing yoga. Dhanurasana is this week’s Fit Bharat Friday Fitness Challenge. In Bow Pose, or Dhanurasana, you bend back into the shape of a bow to feel energetically locked, loaded, and ready to take aim.
Before you attempt the bow pose, it is a good idea to master preparatory poses like the Bhujangasana and Salabhasana. Once you have gotten comfortable with those poses, you can get started with the yoga bow pose. A yoga stance that will stretch all of your muscles and leave you feeling peaceful. Let’s take a closer look at some of its advantages.
- It stretches the abdominal muscles and aids with digestion.
- Improves the strength of your ankles, thighs, chest, neck, and shoulders.
- It helps to tone your abdominal muscles.
- Improves spinal flexibility and back tone.
- It facilitates respiration by opening up the thoracic region.
- Reduces neck strain and helps with neck ache treatment
This week’s Fit Bharat Friday challenge is Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Test your spinal mobility/strength and win fitness gift hampers
-Fill up Google form
-Mention total time
-Tag @FitBharat @FastandUp_India @BeAtomicFit
-Challenge 3 friends pic.twitter.com/tRgpcsdRRN
— Fit Bharat (@FitBharat) May 23, 2022- Advertisement -
How to perform Dhanurasana
- Lie on your stomach on the ground.
- Lift your head and legs slowly and steadily.
- Hold your legs tightly in your hands.
- Maintain this position with your back curved. A bow position should be taken.
Eligibility requirements for the Fit Bharat Friday Challenge
- Fill up Google form : https://tinyurl.com/2p92wavh
- Mention the full name and total time or repetitions done.
- Use hashtag #FitBharatDhanur
- Tag @FitBharat @FastandUp_India @BeAtomicFit @FitnessIndia1
- Challenge 3 friends to be fit and fab, together