Every year, Mahashivratri is commemorated with zeal and zest. On this particular day, believers pray to Lord Shiva, fast for a day, and seek blessings. Aside from the classic foods that are normally enjoyed on this day, many people look for healthful and easy-to-cook choices that will keep them satisfied for a longer period of time. What could be better on such times than a decadent smoothie?
Munmun Ganeriwal, Taapsee Pannu‘s dietitian, recently presented a great fast-friendly recipe for makhana smoothie that has a traditional combination of health and flavour.
“Makhana is an excellent source of Resistant Starch (RS) that will keep you satisfied for a long period,” she said in the caption.
View this post on Instagram
Ingredients for makhana smoothie
- 1 cup roasted makhana (lotus seed)
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 glass nut milk
- To taste honey
- Raisins and mixed seeds that have been soaked (for garnishing)
How do you prepare this delectable makhana smoothie?
- Begin by filling a jar with the ingredients one at a time. Add the roasted makhana, roasted peanuts, almonds, and nut milk last. All that remains is to combine everything into a smoothie.
- Pour it into a glass and top it with honey to taste. You should ideally consume a spoonful of it.
- Now comes the final garnishing stage. Take soaked raisins and assorted seeds for this, and you’re set to go.