Eating food may sound very simple in itself but it’s the simple mistakes we make that make a huge difference. It is important to know that when it comes to eating, the timing of meals is the key.
How often do you delay your breakfast or skip your meal after a heavy workout? How often do you eat right before bedtime? Do you have long gaps between meals? The best times to eat can be a tricky question to answer.
Here we demystify it for you:
– Eat within 30 minutes of waking up
– Ideal time to have breakfast is 7am
– Do not delay breakfast later than 10am
– Make sure you have protein in your breakfast
– Ideal time to have lunch is 12.45pm
– Try and keep a gap of 4 hours between your breakfast and lunch
– Do not delay lunch later than 4pm.
– The ideal time to have dinner is before 7pm
– You should keep a gap of 3 hours between your dinner and bedtime
– Do not delay dinner later than 10pm
– Eating close to bedtime can interfere with the quality of sleep
– Never workout (especially weight training) on empty stomach
– The right pre-workout meal could be protein sandwich (with chicken, tuna etc), protein shake, scrambled egg with whole wheat bread, peanut butter sandwich