Calamine, or vitamin B12, is an important vitamin that your body needs but cannot generate. It is naturally found in animal products, but it is also added to specific meals and is accessible as an oral supplement or injectable.
Vitamin B12 performs several functions in your body. It helps your nerve cells work normally and is required for red blood cell production and DNA synthesis.
The recommended daily intake (RID) for most adults is 2.4 mcg, though it is higher for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Vitamin B12 can help your body in a variety of ways, including increasing energy, improving memory, and preventing heart disease.
View this post on Instagram
Here are 9 vitamin B12 health advantages
- aids in the formation of red blood cells and the prevention of anaemia
- it has the potential to prevent major birth defects.
- promotes bone health and may help prevent osteoporosis
- could lower your risk of muscular degeneration
- may improve mood and depression symptoms
- may benefit your brain by preventing neuron loss
- could provide an energy boost
- lowering homocysteine levels may improve heart health.
- helps to maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that must be obtained through food or supplementation. It is in charge of many body activities and may assist your health in a variety of ways, including the prevention of serious birth defects, the support of bone health, the improvement of mood, and the maintenance of good skin and hair.
It is critical to consume enough vitamin B12. Supplements are a simple way to increase your B12 intake if you struggle to obtain enough or have a condition that affects absorption.