Ayurveda, the ancient Indian health system, has often said that one can only get all of the advantages of drinking enough volumes of water if one drink it appropriately. That’s correct. If you are one of those people who drink water in one gulp, you should stop right now. According to Ayurveda, drinking water wrongly can cause a variety of issues, one of which is a disruption in the digestive process.
- First and foremost, never drink a glass of water all at once. Drink it gently, one sip at a time.
- Second, never drink water shortly before or after eating a meal. This can dilute gastric juice, making it difficult for your body to digest and absorb nutrients from meals.
- If you’re thirsty, drink water 30 minutes before your supper or wait 30 minutes afterwards.
- Before food – slows digestion
- After eating – acts as a poison, increasing absorption and making individuals fat
- It is good to allow 45 minutes between meal and drink consumption. If you’re thirsty just after eating, try the following. These include water and will help with digestion.
- Fresh fruit juice after breakfast
- Buttermilk after lunch
- Milk after supper
- Furthermore, gulping down water does not truly assuage your thirst.
- Drink warm water as well to aid digestion. A glass of warm water hydrates better than a glass of cold water.
- When you’re thirsty, drink some water. Your regular water need will be met if you have enough water available whenever your body requires it. Stop when you’re content and your thirst has subsided.
- The color of your pee will reflect whether or not you are well hydrated. If it’s dark yellow, it signifies you need to hydrate your body by drinking a lot of water. If the body is properly hydrated, the urine will be clear or light yellow in color.
- If the body is not well hydrated, the lips will also get dry and chapped.
Another thing you must do while drinking water is slow down to consume it. When you stand to drink a glass of water, you face the danger of a number of health issues.
When you drink water while standing, it flows through your system in a single rush. It readily exits your system and enters your colon. Drinking it slowly permits the fluid to visit all of the body’s organs, where it is meant to accomplish its work. Toxins from the kidneys and bladder are deposited as a consequence.