Chakrasana is one of the yoga asana also known as Wheel Pose.
It gives great flexibility to the spine. It is called chakrasana since the body takes almost a wheel-like, semi-circular posture while performing this asana.
It improves balance of your mind & brings a sense of humility and gratitude.
Benefits of Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
- Chakrasana strengthens liver, pancreas, and kidneys.
- Excellent for the heart.
- Good for infertility, asthma, and osteoporosis.
- Wheel Pose Strengthens arms, shoulders, hands, wrists, and legs.
- Stretches the chest and lungs
- Strengthens the arms and wrists, legs, buttocks, abdomen, and spine
- Stimulates the thyroid and pituitary glands.
- Increases energy and counteracts depression.
Cautions of Chakrasana
- Do not try this Yoga Pose in case of back injury.
- If you are suffering from heart problems, then don’t try this.
- A headache and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Do not perform this if suffering from any cardiac or spinal problems.
- Avoid if suffering from a hernia.
Some of the variations of Chakrasana