Belly fat, also known as visceral fat, is extra weight that accumulates around the midsection of the body. This is one of the most tenacious types of fat, and if left untreated for too long, it can lead to obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic problems. Because this toxic fat is placed near vital organs, it is even more hazardous to health. Worse, it is difficult to remove. However, there is a simple breakfast technique that might help you slim down a flabby stomach.
Breakfasts with a lot of protein
So, if you want to create a high-protein breakfast, grab some eggs and lean meat, a smoothie with protein powder, or a higher-protein, low-sugar yoghurt. Try one of these hearty, high-protein breakfast dishes as well.
- Eggs- For a nutritious and tasty breakfast, prepare two or three eggs in any manner and combine them with a portion of your favourite vegetables.
- Chickpeas- For a particularly nutritious breakfast, combine one cup of Greek yoghurt with some mixed fruit, chia seeds, or wheat germ.
- Cottage Cheese Nuts- Add a serving of nuts to yoghurt, cottage cheese, or homemade granola to boost the nutritional value of your breakfast.
- Oats– For a high-fibre, power-packed breakfast, combine one cup of cooked oatmeal with half a cup of berries, one tablespoon ground flaxseed, and a handful of almonds.
- Greek Yogurt- For a particularly nutritious breakfast, combine one cup of Greek yoghurt with some mixed fruit, chia seeds, or wheat germ.
- Breast of chicken
- Seeds of the pumpkin
- Bananas- eaten alone or as a topping for yoghurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal. Unripe, green bananas can also be added to your morning smoothie for a healthy dose of resistant starch.
- Green tea- For a delightful touch, try adding a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of honey, or brewing your tea with ginger or mint.
Some drinking habits, according to dietitians, should also be avoided if you don’t want belly fat.
Consistently consuming soda
When it comes to losing weight, soda is one of the most difficult drinks to avoid, especially if you want to shed belly fat. According to one study, participants who drank soda on a daily basis had a larger percentage of belly fat on their bodies.
Consuming alcoholic beverages
Excessive drinking is among the worst things you can do to build belly fat because the compounds in alcohol, known as congeners, encourage the body to store extra fat and speeds up the weight-gaining process.
Juices high in sugar
Juices, when taken in excess, can lead to weight gain since store-bought juice drinks are sometimes filled with additional sweets such as high fructose corn syrup.
Combining booze with energy drinks
Combining alcohol and energy drinks is a subtle culprit that you may be unaware is leading to weight gain.