Hastapadasana is a fundamental yoga stance that can help with constipation, hair loss, back discomfort, and even height gain. Hasta means “hand,” pada means “foot,” and asana means “position” in Sanskrit. Hastapadasana is also known for standing forward bend position, foot-to-hand forward bend stance, and foot-to-hand forward bend posture.
Yoga Steps for Standing Forward Bend (Hastapadasana)
- Maintain a straight posture and an upright spine.
- Both legs should be in contact with each other.
- Take a deep breath (inhale) and raise both hands over your head. Straighten your hands.
- Now, lean forward from the waist while inhaling and try to touch your feet with both hands.
- You should not bend your knees. Your head and knees should be in touch.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then resume regular breathing.
- Return to the starting position while breathing.
- Rep to this a couple of times.
Benefits of Hastapadasana, or Forward Bend Yoga Pose
- Effective for growing in height.
- Reduces abdominal fat and results in a flat stomach.
- Treats gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation.
- It both strengthens and stretches the spine.
- Stop hair loss issues.
- Increase blood flow to the brain.
- It helps to minimise menstruation troubles.
- Stimulates nerve system.
- Enhances bodily posture.