From DDLJ to Dilwale, she is one of the prominent actresses in the film fraternity with her acting skills par excellence. The mother of two, a phenomenal actress and a self-confessed fitness addict, Kajol Devgan has taken away our hearts since her debut film, Bekhudi in 1992 when she was 18 years old. Today, she turned 47 and we bring out to you the secret behind her fit body and diet plan to maintain her figure and get a healthy skin.
It may come out surprising that Kajol was never into skin care when she first walked into the film industry. She now says, “Like you say your body is your temple, so is your face. You have to take care of both.”
Kajol’s Beauty Secrets
– Her water bottle is her real partner (Sorry Ajay!). She drinks 2.5 liters of water every day. She makes a point to keep her body hydrated which makes her skin look hydrated and fresh.
– Washing her face three times a day is in her routine. Also, deep cleaning before sleep is a must regardless of how tired she might be. Kajol says and we agree, “All these things really make a difference. When you do that little bit every day; wash your face properly at least twice a day, put your SPF, save yourself from the sun. All this actually and genuinely, makes a difference.”
– The most important beauty secret of Kajol: Carry a smile on your face, wherever you go which enhances the glow of your face and does the extra bit.
– What is also important is keeping the face moisturized and protected from the sun. We are used to spending time in air-conditioned environments that suck the water out of our skin. Therefore moisturization becomes a must. This is her secret to prevent aging (apart from Olay Total Effects).
Kajol’s Fitness Secrets
Have you ever seen someone who gets hyped up if they don’t workout? Well, now you do! In an interview with TOI, Kajol revealed, “The one hour I spend working out daily is very important to me. I have a lot of excess energy within me and working out is a great way to release it. In fact, skipping a day at the gym makes me quite hyper and I’m unable to concentrate on anything. Even reading a book gets difficult because I feel agitated!”
– Healthy Mind, Healthy Body: Fitness routes from the mindset. Gaining weight, she says, is like losing a skill. You want to stay fit, stay healthy and get back to practicing that skill as soon as possible.
– You sweat, You Glow: Kajol whole-heartedly believes in this and works out for 90-120 minutes daily. Her fitness routine includes endurance training, cardio, yoga, lifts and squats, including walking which helps to increase stamina and reduce fats.
– Being strict about what to eat: Kajol weight loss diet consists of foods like fish, paneer, eggs, nuts, lean chicken, and milk. She believes in eating smart and ensures she has plenty of fibre for a fit body. The star is not given to unhealthy snacking or junk food frenzies (except for cheat days). Consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables and health drinks helps her manage the hunger pangs.
– It’s okay to cheat on your diet once in a while: Kajol has cheat day once a week when she eats her favorite food, Pizza and French Fries, but does some extra workout the next day to burn those extra calories.
All in all, Kajol believes in the mantra – “Stay Focused, Stay Disciplined”. A fitness trainer and dietician can always help, but Kajol prefers to workout by herself unless it’s for a film for which she is bound to get a trainer. The actress also changes her diet depending on her hectic shooting schedules, energy levels, travel plans and the seasonal changes.
She recently took it to her social media, confused between crunches and calories. Check it out here!